Hey Hey guys! Let’s have some fun here and talk SEO shall we? You may be wondering what is seo (aka Search Engine Optimization) well I will get into that in just a second.
First off, I hate having to pay for traffic! Frankly I’ve only paid for traffic about 3 times since I started online.
I LOVE free traffic and continuing to learn new strategies to get free traffic. It’s really what get’s my blood pumping!
That’s what brings me to Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is one of THE BEST ways i know to genertate LASER targetted traffic to your blog simply by giving the search engines what their customers want.
What is SEO: The Definition
So what do I mean by giving the search engines what their customers want?
Search engines are exactly that, a place where Joe goes to get information on a certain topic. YOU as a website owner can publish information in the form of articles and or videos to provide Joe the answer to what he’s looking for.
And if you are able to do that and meet certain requirements that the search engines ask for then they reward you by putting your website on the very first page when Joe performs his search.
What is SEO: Getting On Page 1
So now that you understand what seo is let’s talk about the steps required to get on page one.
The 5 Principles of SEO
1. Good Keyword Research: This is EXTREMELY important and first page rankings are tough if you target the wrong keywords.
There are plenty of great free resources out there that allow you target the right keywords and you better believe I will be covering an article on proper keyword research.
2. Writing Quality, Unique Content: If you think you are going to be able to copy and paste articles from Article directories, or steal articles from other blogs and show up on the first page of Google I’m here to tell you those days are OVER!!
You must write quality unique content around the keywords you just discovered while still delivering top of the line content.
3. Site Structure and Speed: The search engines want to make sure that when they send a customer to your website they are able to easily navigate your website and find what they are looking for as well as making sure that content is delivered as quickly as humanly possible.
I will be sharing articles on setting up your site structure and how to speed up your WordPress website but for now below are some great resources.
Best Way To Speed Up Your WordPress Site in 6 Easy Steps with Mr. Internet Tips
4. Great On Page SEO: This too is important and is the gateway to letting the search engines know what your article is about.
Once you found your keywords and have written your article around that keyword we now have to strategically place that keyword in certain places of your article as a way of letting Google know “HEY THIS ARTICLE IS FOR THOSE PEOPLE SEARCHING FOR “WHAT IS SEO!”
Again there will be an article to follow on proper keyword placement.
5. Great Off Page SEO (Backlinks): Getting backlinks is what’s going to propel you to the top of the search engine rankings. Backlinks is basically getting other websites to link to your article.
What this does is basically validates for Google that your site is a great resource for the topic you just wrote about.
The more sites that link to your article the higher in the rankings you will be. There are a few factors that also influence this such as the authority of the site linking to yours, their page rank, and the anchor text used to link to your article etc.
There are a TON of ways to get backlinks and I will be sharing with you many of those ways here are ZamuraiBlogger.com! 🙂
But that is it for now my friend I just wanted you to get a gist of what is seo and what to expect from my upcoming articles.
To Your SEO Success,
If you Found this Article Helpful Why Not Give It A Thumbs Up?